CRHS PTSA ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
ELIGIBILITY – To be eligible for a scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating senior from Coral Reef High School and a member of the PTSA by February 28th, 2021.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Have a high school grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- Have applied to enroll as a full-time student in a post-secondary community college, vocational technical school or a four (4) year college or university.
- Submit all application materials (application and essay) by the deadline date of March 26th, 2021 to Ms. Gilman.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP – This is a one-time scholarship award worth $500. Scholarship monies can be used for tuition, textbooks and necessary school-related expenses. There will be 13 scholarships of $500.00 each awarded, one for each strand within the 6 Coral Reef High School Academies: Agriscience, Engineering, Business, Health Sciences, International Baccalaureate, Legal, Band, Chorus, Dance, Orchestra, Theater, Visual Arts and our SPED Program as well!
STEPS IN APPLYING – To obtain an application contact our school’s CAP Advisor Ms. Lou Gilman or from the Coral Reef School Website or the Coral Reef PTSA Website.
- Type or print (LEGIBLY) application. Answer all questions.
- Write a one page essay on the topic of – “Describe “one event/activity” at Reef in which the Coral Reef PTSA was involved in and the effect it had upon you/the school/our community during your high school career.” This event can come from ANY year – it does not have to be THIS YEAR.
- Complete application and essay needs to be emailed to Ms. Gilman by 3/26/2021. FOR THE ESSAY – PLEASE WRITE/CREATE IT ON ONE SEPARATE PAGE WITH ONLY YOUR ACADEMY LISTED AT THE TOP – NO OTHER IDENTIFYING INFORMATION SUCH AS NAME OR ID# SHOULD BE ON YOUR ESSAY.
- Selection of the recipients will be determined by the Coral Reef High School PTSA Scholarship Committee.
ANY LATE APPLICATIONS AND/OR INCOMPLETE MATERIAL WILL RENDER THE APPLICATION INELIGIBLE.
DEADLINE SUBMISSION DATE IS March 26th, 2021