We are dedicated to making a difference in the education, health, and safety of America’s children and youth. See how Today’s PTA is changing and how we communicate and create family engagement through powerful resources
- National PTA Website
- Sign up for updates from National Parent Teacher Association
- PTA One Voice Blog
PTA Our Children Magazine
Our Children Magazine is the unique voice for parents, published by National PTA. This online publication was created for the parent who’s always on the go and looking for the best parenting, wellness, education and PTA community info to help their child excel at school and in life. If parents should know it, we want to cover it!
2017 National PTA Federal Public Policy Agenda
· PDFs · Webinar · Policy Issue Briefs ·
The 2017 Public Policy Agenda features the following policy areas:
- Elementary and Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Federal Investments in Education
- Early Learning and Childhood Education
- Child Health and Safety
- Gun Safety and Violence Prevention
- Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Education Technology and Student Data Privacy
- Postsecondary Access and Opportunity
A Webinar detailing each section of the agenda is also available.
National PTA’s annual public policy agenda outlines policy priorities and recommendations for Congress. The priorities are selected based on the:
- Timeliness of issue (what is being considered before Congress and the Administration).
- Opportunities for National PTA to provide leadership and expertise to Congress, alignment to National PTA’s mission and resolution.
- Ability to achieve a meaningful policy change that will produce positive results for children and their families.
Policy Issue Briefs
National PTA has prepared issue briefs meant to educate PTA members about existing laws and their impact on PTA legislative priorities in the areas of family engagement, ESEA-NCLB, Special Education, Child Health and Nutrition and Juvenile Justice.