Absentee ballots have already been distributed. Early voting will end on Sunday. In this crucial year, when all seats in the Florida Legislature are open, it is important to know as much as possible about those who seek your vote.
WHO WILL BE ON YOUR BALLOT? WHERE CAN YOU VOTE?
To see your sample ballot, and find out where to cast it on Election Day, November 8, click here.
Want to vote early? Click here for dates and locations.
HOW DID MIAMI-DADE DELEGATION MEMBERS VOTE ON KEY EDUCATION-RELATED ISSUES DURING THE LAST FLORIDA LEGISLATIVE SESSION?
To see incumbents’ votes on each of five key bills, click here.
HOW DID CANDIDATES RESPOND TO QUESTIONS WE ASKED THEM?
We asked all Miami-Dade County candidates for the Florida Legislature the same six questions:
1) What do you see as the three top challenges facing public education in Florida today?
2) Do you support state funding for Universal Pre-Kindergarten as part of a complete education system in Florida?
4) Do you support allowing concealed weapons in our public schools as a means of keeping our students safe? If so, would you wnt to see all schools, including private schools, have this option as well?
5) Do you think Florida schools are adequately and properly funded?
6) Do you support changing the Florida Constitution to allow public money to be spent on private or religious schools?
We thank all those candidates who cared enough about your vote as a PTA member to respond to our questionnaire. Not all candidates chose to do so. To see the individual responses of those who did, please click on each name in blue.
New information: we are including the just-received responses of Anabella Grohoski Peralta, Dwight Bullard, and David Rivera.
Senate District 36
Anabella Grohoski Peralta
Senate District 37
Senate District 39
Senate District 40
House District 111
House District 112
House District 113
House District 114
House District 115
We appreciate your efforts to become an informed voter. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
The Advocacy and Legislation Team
Dr. Nancy Lawther, VP of Advocacy and Legislation
Mindy Gould, Advocacy Chair
Eileen Segal, Legislation Chair